The New York Times had a fascinating article about a study of herd instinct. It turns out that people prefer whatever they think other people like.
Meanwhile, another study showed that the U.S. program of telling kids to stop having sex has been a dismal failure so far.
Apparently the following message is not effective: “Everyone LOVES sex. I love, it. All the other teachers love it. Your older friends love it. We all do it whenever we can because it’s frickin’ GREAT. But you should ignore the burning in your loins.”
In defense of the U.S. abstinence education policy, a government official explained that the study only looked at the older methods. He says the newer abstinence education programs might not be such a steaming mound of money-vaporizing bullshit. The official was vague about what the new programs include. Here are my best guesses:
1. Classes are now taught by less hot teachers.
2. Each boy gets a rubber band and instructions to snap the tent in his pants.
3. Each girl gets a rubber band in case the boy forgets his.
4. Unpopular kids are encouraged to have sex to make it less cool.
5. Catchy slogan: Masturbators are Winners!
I’d write more, but I have to go earn money for the government to flush down the toilet.